Air-conditioned Reading Room with latest configurated Computers with internet connectivity, printing and photocopying services available for members
Digital Library - Intranet Services
- Capitalline Database
- Prowess Database
- CTR Encyclopedia
- Internet Browsing
- ITR On-line database
- Taxindiaonline- All- in-one package
- Excus- Database update for Excise, Customs Cases, Circulars and latest notifications
- OPAC - Online Public Access Catalogue, Link to ICAI website (Search Facility for Books, Periodicals, Institute Publications, CD/DVDs availability in SIRC Library) Public domain
- e-learning - MS office, self-taught with audio listening, FAQs, self assessment
- On-line access to free journals downloadable
- Seminar, Conference and workshop materials hosted in e-library
- CCH Prosystems on-line database for Wolter-Kluwers business
- GST laws (Sofist India Chennai)
- Well equipped Reading Hall with more than 250 seating capacity
- Borrowing facilities on membership cards,
- Multiple copies of text books,, publications of institute, suggested answers, revision test papers student newsletter, subject related and general communications and personality development CDs/DVDs and other materials available for reference
SIRC LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- SIRC Library follows the open access system.
- Readers should maintain peace in the Library and should not disturb other users in any way.
- No personal belongings are allowed inside the Library.
- No refreshments or food stuff of any kind shall be allowed inside the Library.
- Library's computing facilities and database access is meant only for Faculty, Members, Students and Research Scholars.
- Using computers for emails/ Facebook and any other social networking sites is prohibited.
- Members should keep the Library informed of any change of address and contact details during the period of their membership.
- Smoking and use of Cellular phone is strictly prohibited inside the Library.
|Particulars||Deposit Amount||No. of Cards Entitled||Issue Period||No. of Books entitled|
|Faculty associated with SIRC of ICAI||1000/-||Two cards||1 month||2|
|Members of ICAI||1000/-||One card||1 month||1|
|Student registered for IPCC||1000/-||One card||14 days||1|
|Articled Student||1000/-||One card||14 days||1|
|Staff of SRO & SIRC||One card||14 days||1|
- The Library card is non transferable and their loss should be immediately reported to the Librarian.
- A fee of Rs.50/- will be charged for issuing a duplicate card. Duplicate card will be issued only once in a year.
- Books marked as Reference, Journals, CDs/ DVDs are only for Reference only.
- The borrower may return or renew the book on or before the due date for renewal. Renewal is not permitted if a demand is pending for the material.
- The Librarian can recall material any time after issue.
- An overdue charge of 2/- per day will be collected from members and students on each book not returned on the due date.
- Refund should be claimed within one year of expiry of Library Ticket, failing which amount will be forfeited to the Institute.
- Loss of books should be reported to the Librarian and the borrower will be required to replace the book by the latest edition. If borrower not able to replace the book, he/She shall pay double the cost of the book.
- Each member shall satisfy himself/herself before leaving the Library that the book is in good condition and if not, the matter should be brought to the notice of the Librarian then and there. The member will otherwise be held responsible for the replacement of the book by a new copy. Member are requested not to write upon any thing inside/ outside the books
- If the book is not returned even after the reminder is send, the Library deposit will be forfeited and the member will be debarred from the membership of the Library.
- The Librarian has been authorized to refuse the loan of books to members who do not comply with the rules stated above or persistently retain the books beyond the loan period.
Entitled for Membership in the Library
- A member of the Institute belonging to the Southern Region permanent residence of Chennai.
- An articled assistant registered in the Southern Region undergoing the practical training in Chennai City.
SIRC Library Working Hours
- Week Days : 9.45 a.m. - 8.00 p.m.
- Saturday : 9.45 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
- Lunch Hour : 1.00 p.m. - 1.30 p.m.
No Library Services on Sundays and Declared Holidays