A $735 billion settlement granted by the U.S. District Judge Vince Chhabria, between Facebook and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) was announced on 10th October, 2023 regarding privacy issues. Many people filed the claim and are waiting for the Facebook Settlement Payout. The claimants who are the active users of Facebook between 24th May 2007 to 22nd December 2023 can file an appeal and submit the claim till 25th August, 2023 which resulted in most claims ever filed in US history. It is to inform you that the FB Settlement Payout Date is expected to be in December 2023. Once the Payout is released, you will receive the payment in your registered bank accounts. Also, you should check the Facebook Settlement Claim Status for latest updates on their official website. If you are finding any error in checking status then you can follow the instructions given in this post for FB Settlement Payout Status.
Facebook Settlement Payout 2023
Facebook was the target of a privacy violation lawsuit, in which the court ordered the company to settle its debts. The company has now launched the Facebook Settlement Claim 2023, wherein any user can complete the online form and thereafter receive payment in accordance with the guidelines. You should apply online for Facebook Settlement Claim 2023 if you are one of the users who was active between May 2007 and December 2023. As per the filed case, a settlement of $735 billion was reached, with each claimant receiving between $1000 and $2000 till December 2023. You should know that Facebook Settlement Payment 2023 is expected in December 2023.
The next hearing for FB Settlement Payout will be done by the Court and then Facebook will start paying for it.
FB Settlement Payout Date
|Facebook Settlement Payout 2023
|Facebook Class Action Case
|Case filed by
|Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
|Case filed in
|Judgment announced by
|U.S. District Judge Vince Chhabria
|Judgment announced date
|10th October, 2023
|Facebook Settlement received
|FB Settlement Payout Date
|December 2023 expected
|Facebook Settlement Per person payout
|$1000 to $2000
Facebook Settlement Claim Payment Date 2023
|Final Approval Hearing
|September 7, 2023
|10 October, 2023
|Claim last date
|Active User timeline
|24th May 2007 to 22nd December 2023
|FB Settlement Payout Date
Facebook Settlement Payout 2023 : Eligibility
- Any American who used Facebook between May 2007 and December 2022 is qualified, though money will be given to those who used the site more often over a longer period of time.
- You are not qualified to get paid for 2 or more accounts you had open at the same time. That is, no duplicate counting from the perspective of the claim administrator.
- Even if you deleted or canceled your account during the settlement period, the claims will still be paid; however, your payout will be smaller than that of those who kept their accounts open the entire time.
FB Settlement Payout 2023 : Details Required
- Demographic details like name, address, birth date and gender
- Phone number
- Email used for Facebook
- United States residency proof from 24th May, 2007 to December 22, 2022
- Should have payment methods like Venmo, PayPal or Mastercard that are prepaid.
Process to Claim Facebook Privacy Settlement Payout 2023
To apply for Facebook Settlement Payout 2023 you need to fill a Facebook Settlement Claim Form 2023. Follow the following instructions to fill the form.
- Visit the Facebook Settlement Claim official website.
- Firstly, one of these requirements is that you must have used FB at the mentioned period.
- The designated claim form needs to be filled out by users. Name, contact details, and specifics of the claim being made will be requested on this form. Filling out only true and precise information is crucial.
- User-provided supporting documents may be requested, depending on the type of claim being submitted. In order to prove that the breach affected their personal data, for instance, those submitting data breach claims might need to present proof.
- As instructed by the settlement administrator, users can submit their claims after completing the claim form and any necessary supporting evidence.
- After your application is approved, you will get the FB Settlement Claim Payout.
How to Check Facebook Settlement Claim Status 2023
- You will receive the Claim ID in your registered email address and mobile number after completing the online form.
- To view the Facebook Settlement Claim Status on the official website, you must enter this Claim ID.
- It is recommended that you use your device to go to facebookuserprivacysettlement.com and check the payment status on the portal.
You will get paid if your application is accepted; if not, you must make the necessary changes and submit your application again. In this way, you can Check Facebook Settlement Claim Status.
FB Settlement Claim Status 2023
|FB Settlement Payout Status 2023
Common Answers On Facebook Settlement Claim Status 2023
$735 billion is the Facebook Settlement Payout 2023 received.
The Facebook Payment given to per claimants was $1000 to $2000.
The claimants will receive the Facebook payment in December, 2023.