The 100 hours IT training is required for CA students to get thorough knowledge/understanding of the concepts of Information Technology tools and techniques useful for their professional life. Considering the importance of IT, ICAI has introduced 100 hours IT Training in its course curriculum at Intermediate level to provide synchronization between theoretical knowledge and practical application of IT. The curriculum of the Information Technology Training has been designed in a manner so as to provide the students an exposure to the practical technicalities of the subject and to enhance their IT skills set to meet the challenges of the global business world.
The highlights of the 100 hours of ITT programme are as follows:
- The 100 hours ITT is moduled for a period of maximum 40 days @ 3-5 hours per day on full time basis.
- The training components would focus on application software relevant for accounting and auditing. In addition, knowledge of Operating Systems like Windows 7, MS-Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Data Base Management Systems, Web Technology and System Security and E-Filing are strengthened.
- The 100 hours ITT has been linked to theoretical knowledge imparted through Paper on Information Technology. It has been planned to synchronize theoretical knowledge with practical.
- A student has to complete 100 hours ITT before commencing his practical training.
- The 100 hours ITT is carried out through Regional Offices and Branches of the ICAI which would charge a separate fee of 4000.